Saturday 23 August 2014

Warlord ATG, Perry Kublewagen and Toy Panzer IV


Having been away for my summer holidays I am a little overdue in posting anything on the blog. So today is a bit of a mixed bag but it is all WW2 related.

First of all we have a German 7.5cm Pak 40 Anti Tank Gun from Warlord Games.


 

Then from Perry Miniatures we have a Kubelwagen recce vehicle.








And last but not least a friend of mine, Dave Green, put me onto some very cheap plastic toy tanks from our local toyshop which at a push are suitable for 28mm. I think these were £3 or £3.99 each, I can't remember but whatever, they are a cheap way of getting some vehicles on the table. So far Dave has only been able to get the Panzer IV's and he said there was a modern tank that they did but I think further enquiries are in hand to see if they do other types.

Some before and after shots with a Warlord Panzer IV on the left.
I know the side panels on the vehicle painted in Panzer Grey is probably not correct for early/mid war but I wanted something with a bit more punch for my early war collection so I am prepared to live with the historical inaccuracy.



  

 

 
I know I should have put unit markings on both the tanks but I have had a bit of an overkill with painting vehicles recently, so I just wanted to get these painted and out of the way as quick as possible. It is nice to be back painting foot sloggers instead at the moment.

I will finish off with a few shots of how the toy tanks fit in with the rest of my 28mm collection and also I wanted to get a picture of those motorcycle combo's that I did a little while back on the work bench.









  

24 comments:

  1. What toyshop/brand are those tanks from? You've done them up very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no brand written on the bottom just the usual made in China.
      If I can find out more through Dave or the toy shop owner, I will update the blog.

      Delete
  2. Excellent work as usual Pat! The toy tanks look okay too! Really like the setting for the PaK40!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always love seeing your collection on the table. I picked up a couple sky background collections you recommended which are great btw, but I'm trying to figure out how to use them as I won't be attaching them to a permanent wall fixture.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always Pat, you've done amazing pictures, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of great looking minis and tanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific work as always. I can't tell if I like the terrain or the vehicles more ... guess it's a tie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful pictures again. I like a lot your desert war vehicles; great painting work in them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great painting and set up as always. I especially like the picture with the Kübelwagen next to the Bren carrier. 'Sorry guys I think we took the wrong direction on the last crossing. Would you be so kind and show us wher we get to the front, please?'

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always a joy Pat. Those Panzer IV's don't look to bad when they are painted up. Superb collection of mid/late war German vehicles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a find and the mix of WWII stuff is all fine by me

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great looking models and photography - always a pleasure visiting and viewing your fine work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very impressive looking force you're assembling there Pat, excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant WW 2 vehicles, tanks and photos Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking good. I have to say, the toys look a bit too simple for my taste, but for the price one can hardly fault them.

    What amazes me most though is the table. When I saw you last post, I realized that you were actually working with a fixed tabletop and felt that this would limit you a lot when it comes to anything but lush vegetation, but on the Kübelwagen shots one can see that it actually works fine for North Africa as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used separate boards for the Kubelwagen shots but I will be mixing white and burnt grass in with my main tabletop surface so hopefully one surface will be versatile enough to cover the drier parts of the world as well. (hopefully)

      Delete
  15. Great looking figures and vehicles Pat! £3-4 for a 28mm tank!!!! Bargain!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back and what a entrance! Love the before and after shots Pat and for £3 what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning work and awesome pictures !
    Top-notch as usual, Pat.

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Informative and attractive post. Those toy tanks are great value. They look perfectly acceptable with a respray as you have proven. I am presently working on one of the three I picked up in 2012. Major surgery has taken place as I wanted a cheap yet fun project. Mine will be a command "G" from winter 43/44 complete with an angry looking commander!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.