Sunday 8 November 2015

A STABLE YARD, CHURCH & HIGH WALLS FOR NORMANDY.




It has been a month since my last post but as you will see, I have been busy.

My last post was the 'grounds for the Chateau' but I had still needed to finish it off with the stable yard. The stable itself is a resin building from 'Total Battle Miniatures' along with a lovely church that they do. Whilst making the stable yard, I thought I just as well make a church yard at the same time. As I had my terrain hat on, I made a load of high walls which I will be needing for the 'Too Fat Lardies' Pint Size Campaign, Kampfgruppe Von Luck.
      
The method for making this lot is very similar to how I made the grounds for the chateau in my last post, so I will not repeat myself here but just let the pictures do the talking.

THE WALLS.



 The above picture shows a 28mm Wargames Foundry figure for scale. I have also done some damaged sections of wall so that I can change them around when needed.

THE BUILDINGS.

The roofs lift off and lots of lovely detail inside.


THE BASES.


The church gates and memorials are made by 'Ainsty Castings' and the gravestones are by 'Renedra'. You get two plastic sprues of gravestones by Renedra but I only used the one set, as I didn't want to overcrowd the church yard and needed to leave enough room for figure placement when gaming.

THE STABLE YARD.


 
The stables will now bring 'The Grounds for the Chateau' up to 42 x inches deep, 5 x base sections measuring 16inches wide by 8 x inches deep, plus a 2 x inch cobbled road.





The stables and cobbled road can also fit nicely on the side of the chateau if I need to keep the overall length of the terrain piece down, or it can just be used as a stand alone base.




THE CHURCHYARD.




Again, a 28mm figure in the above pictures to give an idea of scale.

The gravestone sprue also comes with a raven which you can attach to one of the gravestones, which is a nice touch. 

SOMEWHERE IN NORMANDY.



































 

32 comments:

  1. Busy, you've been busy, no doubt...Splendid and realistic! Thanks, many thanks to share with us your fantastic job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All i can say is WOW! Stunning work Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed by your terrainbuilding skills!!! Stunning work every time! Would be a joy to have a game on such lovely set up gaming board!

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Complete rubbish! You need to pack it all up and mail it to me, I'll take care of it.
    Honest.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, you really are a talent, this is just sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet another Tour de Force in building a fantastic wargames table full of lovely terrain! You could make your own book on how to build wargames terrain. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if you already started.;-)

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful, simply wonderful. You are a great artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful sight! Fabulous artistry of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It just keps getting better and better. Your collection is nothing short of sensational! Great work yet again. /Mattias

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely...looks like a damp autumn day in Brittany (where my wife come from). Really like the weathering on the walls and the use of vegetation, brambles, grass and so on. All very atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mouth watering terrain Pat!!! What more can I say???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly the best or among the best layouts on this planet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredible set up and the buildings are amazing. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have great skill Pat, your terrain reproduction is outstanding. love the crow on the tombstone, nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Usually I'm not at a loss for a comment but this time I'm simply delighted with your work beyond words. Each and every piece is excellent for itself but the combination makes it a simply perfect looking table!

    Thanks so much for sharing the inspirational pictures.

    Cheers
    Stefan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning work again Pat. Your photos are so inspirational! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just put it up on screen and drool. That's some talent you've got there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning stuff!!!

    lots of ideas to mull over after viewing the scenic items :>)

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Outstanding Work! A real pleasure to view and pass on. Beano Boy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, magnificent work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The 'master of terrain' itself has worked his magic again! Your's one of the few blogs I come back to time and again even without there beeing a update.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What did you use as a base for wall sections? Those black thin parts?
    As always stunning and amazing works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again chaps.

      WeRT, the black thin parts that I used for the base, is a sheet of plasticard cut to appropriate size.

      Delete
  23. Inspiring stuff as always. You definitely raise the bar on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Incredible as always.
    As always an inspiration to everything I do in the hobby.
    Thanks for shearing as always.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.