For part 2 of my 'Setting the Scene' project, I have dug out some of my old terrain pieces that rarely get to see the light of day and 'winterised' them. Obviously if you do this, then they can't be used for anything other than winter settings but it does speed things up and it has given me a pool of terrain pieces to draw from.
I will be attempting to make lots of terrain that will be more specific for the Ardennes in future posts but this has been good practice as it has been a learning process of trial and error. You may notice that the winter grass on the terrain mat has been toned down as I didn't feel it looked quite right with the heavy snow fall that occurred during late Dec 44 in the Ardennes.
A couple of pictures of the revamped terrain, ignore the wrong bases on the figures, I will attempt to get a few figures painted up with the correct bases but the majority of figures and vehicles I plan to do towards the end of the project.
I have also put the Church Ruins from last post on ebay at reduced price. They are starting off at the price that I payed for them unpainted 10 years ago at £80 for those that may be interested.